Don't allow winter to keep you indoors—embrace the chilly charm and snowy landscapes of Greater Wausau with your loved ones. This winter round-up is your ideal insider's guide to crafting family memories.
One-Time Winter Events:
- Opening Day | Granite Peak Ski Area | November 22
- Hit the slopes for the first day of the season (weather dependent)
- Small Business Saturday | Downtown Wausau | November 25
- Shop local, enjoy in-store events, and find the perfect gifts for the holidays
- Wausau's Annual Holiday Parade | Downtown Wausau | December 1
- Find your holiday cheer at the annual holiday parade
- An Old-Fashioned Christmas Festival | Willow Springs Garden | December 2-3
- All-day festivities, including Christmas crafts and sleigh rides to get you in the Holiday spirit.
- Holiday Makers Market | Whitewater Music Hall | December 9
- Hand made items, live music, craft cocktails, holiday lights and good company awaits.
- Family Festival #1: Holiday Spirit | Granite Peak Ski Area | December 15 – 17
- Kick off the holiday spirit with our first ever Holiday Themed Family
- Winter Solstice Celebration | Monk Botanical Gardens | December 21
- Enjoy the shortest day of the year with a night hike, an activity to give back to nature, and traditional winter solstice candle & wreath activities.
- Winter Weekend | Downtown Wausau | Jan 26 – 27
- A weekend filled with winter activities for the entire family!
- Family Festival #2: Mardi Gras | Granite Peak Ski Area | February 9 – 11
- Celebrate Mardi Gras on the slopes
- Winter Festival (Snowmobile Show & Dog Sled Race) | Willow Springs Garden | February 17
- Family Festival #3 Saint Patrick’s Day | Granite Peak Ski Area | March 15 – 17
- The final family festival of the season is the weekend of Saint Patrick's Day with of course an Irish Theme.
On-going Winter Events:
- Lighted Snowshoe Walks | Willow Springs Garden | Jan 18, 26 & Feb 1
- Sleigh Rides | Willow Springs Garden | Call to Inquire
And when you are out and about, you can share all of your magical holiday gatherings and frosty festivals with us socially using #VisitWausau.