Race Day Information
Saturday, August 19, 2023
Packet pickup will occur on 8/17/23 and 8/18/23 at Shepherd and Schaller Sporting Goods. Pickup will be from 12 - 5pm on 8/17. 12 - 7pm on 8/18. If you arrive after 5pm on the 18th, please pick up our packet on the 400 Block. You will see the signs.
Please contact the race organizers if you cannot pickup your packet during pickup hours above. Organizers can be reached at email@example.com.
Race registration closes 8/17 at 5pm.
There will be NO t-shirt exchanges until after the races are complete.
Race Day Event Times - 8/19/23
5:30 AM - Start Area Opens
5:30 - 6:30 AM - Limited Packet Pickup
6:00 AM - Walkers start
7:00 AM - Full Marathon & Marathon Relay Start
7:05 AM - Half Marathon Start
7:10 AM - 5k Start
10:00 - 10:30 AM - Half Marathon Awards
11:00 - 11:30 AM - Full Marathon Awards
The top 3 overall male & female finishers of the marathon will receive a free two-night stay at Onora Suites in Wausau along with a free entry for the Wausau Marathon 2024. They will also receive a pair of Goodr sunglasses. goodr sunglasses
The top 3 overall male & female finishers of the half marathon will receive Goodr sunglasses, free entry to the 2024 Wausau Marathon and another prize to be determined.
The top 3 overall finishers in the 5k will receive a pair of Goodr sunglasses.
Top 3 finishers in each age group will receive a pair of Goodr sunglasses.
Prizes from the Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers, and Great Dane Pub will also be awarded.
15-19 | 20-29 | 30-39 | 40-49 | 50-59 | 60-69 | 70+
Pacers for the Full Marathon & Half
OnPace Race team will provide pacing for the event. On Pace Race – On Pace Race
Marathon Course certified by USA Track & Field. Can be found under the "New in 2023" section of this website.
Wausau Marathon Relay
The Wausau Marathon Team Relay offers runners another way to run the marathon – with friends, family or co-workers. Teams are encouraged to seek sponsorship from local corporations, social clubs, restaurants, etc. and use that organization’s name as their team name.
Marathon Relay Rules
- Relay teams will consist of 2-4 runners per team.
- There are NO designated relay exchange spots this year. It is up to each team to determine where they will hand off the baton to the next runner. It is critical that you do not block other runners or traffic to complete the hand off. Plan accordingly to ensure a smooth transition. Reach out to race organizers with questions.
- Each team will be supplied one hand off band to serve as the “baton.” This band is easy to remove and transfer between runners.
- No parking is allowed on the actual racecourse. Please park on side streets or adjacent parking lots. Be aware of runner and course direction to ensure that your team vehicle egress is not hindered.
- Please do not attempt to follow your team member as they navigate the course. This is strictly prohibited.
- The race organizers reserve the right to reject team names that might be deemed offensive to other participants and spectators.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in disqualification.
- There will be no shuttles provided to the relay teams. Teams must provide their own vehicles to move between the exchange locations. The relay exchange locations offer ample parking.
Relay Hand-off Locations
To be determined.
Athlete and Running Race Event Highlights:
- Start and Finish at 400 Block, downtown Wausau
- Free Beer (for Participants Over 21)
- Finisher Medal
- Scenic Views of Central Wisconsin
- Gatorade and Water available along the course
- Portable bathrooms located along the course
- Gel stations along the course
- Athlete recovery area with plenty of refreshments
- Ample parking available in the general downtown area