Race Day Information
Saturday, August 19, 2023
Packet pickup will occur on 8/17/23 and 8/18/23 at Shepherd and Schaller Sporting Goods. Pickup hours will be announced in the weeks leading up to the race.
Please contact the race organizers if you cannot pickup your packet during pickup hours above. Organizers can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**There will be NO race day registration. (August 19, 2023)**
There will be NO t-shirt exchanges until after the races are complete.
Race Day Event Times - 8/19/23
5:30 AM - Start Area Opens
7:00 AM - Full Marathon & Relay Start
8:00 AM - Half Marathon Start
9:00 AM - 5K Start
11:00 AM - Awards
Top 3 overall (male & female) in each distance will receive an award.
Top 3 from each age group (male & female) in the Marathon and Half Marathon will also receive an award.
15-19 | 20-29 | 30-39 | 40-49 | 50-59 | 60-69 | 70+
Pacers for the Full Marathon & Half
Information to come
Marathon Course certified by USA Track & Field. There will be a new course for the Marathon and Half Marathon in 2023.
Wausau Marathon Relay
The Wausau Marathon Team Relay offers runners another way to run the marathon – with friends, family or co-workers. Teams are encouraged to seek sponsorship from local corporations, social clubs, restaurants, etc. and use that organization’s name as their team name.
Each member of the top three relay teams will be awarded.
Marathon Relay Rules
- Relay teams will consist of 2-4 runners per team.
- Four “Relay Hand-Off Sites” will be designated on the course. Although teams are encouraged to use these hand-off sites, they are not required to do so and may break up the 26.2-mile course as they please.
- Each relay spot will be clearly marked as “RELAY EXCHANGE” sign. Participants should exchange in the general vicinity of the sign.
- Each team will be supplied one hand off band to serve as the “baton.” This band is easy to remove and transfer between runners.
- No parking is allowed on the actual race course. Please park on side streets or adjacent parking lots. Be aware of runner and course direction to ensure that your team vehicle egress is not hindered.
- Please do not attempt to follow your team member as they navigate the course. This is strictly prohibited.
- The race organizers reserve the right to reject team names that might be deemed offensive to other participants and spectators.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in disqualification
- There will be no shuttles provided to the relay teams. Teams must provide their own vehicles to move between the exchange locations. The relay exchange locations offer ample parking.
Relay Hand-off Locations
To be determined.
Athlete and Running Race Event Highlights:
- Start and Finish at 400 Block, downtown Wausau
- Free Beer (for Participants Over 21)
- Finisher Medal
- Scenic Views of Central Wisconsin
- Gatorade and Water available along the course
- Portable bathrooms located along the course
- Gel stations along the course
- Athlete recovery area with plenty of refreshments
- Ample parking available in the general downtown area
While we recommend that each runner picks up their race packet, number, and t-shirt at packet…
Volunteers are needed for a variety of activities before and during the Wausau Marathon. If…