|300 North Third Street 300 North Third Street Wausau, 54403|
The Wausau Symphony is perhaps the oldest symphony in the state of Wisconsin. The first documented concert was held January 25, 1898 under the name of Philharmonic Society. Lead by Jacob Reuter a violin virtuoso who had previously moved to Wausau to teach violin in 1896, started with a studio of 40 students. Historical references show that Mr. Reuter would gather area musicians for frequent concerts and use the name of Wausau Symphony along with Wausau Orchestra Club.